Type S Mortar Mix is a pre-blended dry mix of portland cement, sand, and lime. It is mostly used for laying stone, brick, and block in load bearing walls and below grade applications. Can be used to construct walls, planters, chimneys, and tuck pointing or repairing existing mortar joints. Very often masons are using mason mix for scratch, brown and finish of walls.
- High Strength >1,800 psi
- Meets property requirements of ASTM C1714 and ASTM C270
- perfect for applications demending structural strength for brick and block foundations.
- can be used for projects from 1/4” to 1/2”
- Can be color dye with cement colorants.
- Main use: laying blocks and bricks
- Stucco applications: scratch and brown coat (with additional admixtures)
- Above and below grade applications
- Masonry finish coating
- Can be used for Interior or exterior projects
- Block and brick tuck pointing
80 lb. bags